Monday, April 04, 2005

Supersuckers, take me away...

I'm glad I got an infusion of rambunctiousness from The Supersuckers last night, lest I wouldn't survive the media gulag of the next 24 hours -- so far in the least hour and a half I've fielded seven calls from reporters, with a TV interview coming up in a half-hour.

Thank you Ward Churchill.

Anyhow, back to The Supersuckers, a.k.a. The World's Greatest Rock and Roll band.

You know, they were in the ballpark of living up to that self-proclaimed title last night, as Eddie and the boys really ripped it up in their Spokane show opening for The Rev. Horton Heat -- who wasn't too shabby hisself...

I can tell you this with certainty now, psychobilly is The Devil's music -- it makes people do insane things, like treat other people like a stripper's pole... Midway through one of The Supersuckers' numbers I found myself crushed up against the railing I was leaning on with a psychobilly grrrl grinding all over my backside -- naughty grrrl even snuck in a quick grab of my posterior and then without a word melded off back into the crowd.

Such is the life of a Tip-Top Daddy like me, I guess...heheh...

Anyhow, who could ask any more from a Rock and Roll show? Supersuckers, The Rev and low-level sexual assault...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home