Tuesday, April 26, 2005

All you good time people...

So what are the odds of landing in a new job where your workmates just happen to spin Doc Boggs tunes to keep themselves in a peaceful state of mind? I figure the odds are about 5,000 to 1.

Last week I walked out of my office to the strains of "Country Blues" -- with my co-workers adding their best Boggs-voices to the song every time "good time people" was delivered by 'ole Dock. I almost fainted.

I spent almost eight years at my previous gig just getting the folks there to not poke their heads into my office and make contorted faces when I put Dock in the office airways... now I have a gig where the cohabitants freely listen to Dock of their own will and completely independent of my prompting.

I knew this gig was meant to be mine. If anything proves it, Dock Boggs music does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home